Inspired by my friend Lisa's blog, here is my long awaited Bucket List (Version 1). People may or may not remember the 2007 movie starring Morgan Freeman and Jack Nicholson called, surprisingly, Bucket List. Basically two patients on their last days write up a list of things they want to do before they leave the Earth. My bucket list is based on things I would like to accomplish or do within the next two years (might as well set a goal). Some of these things I've tried but was unsuccessful. But here goes.
1) Have a crossword puzzle published in the New York Times, but barring that, any major publication. For those who don't know, the infamous Sunday crossword puzzle in the New York Times pays $1,000 to the author! Daily crossword puzzles in that newspaper pays $200. Other publications pay a bit less but nevertheless this is a goal of mine. And for all you aspiring cruciverbalists, visit The Cruciverb Website.
2) Have some form of my writing published. I've been inspired by many positive comments from readers of this and my other blog about writing freelance. Maybe I'll end up writing the next Harry Potter or Twilight. Maybe I'll end up doing movie or restaurant reviews for some major publication. But I'm going to do something.
3) Go to New York for the second time. I had a rushed trip there two years ago. Why you ask? It was to enter, here it comes folks, the American Crossword Puzzle Tournament. I didn't get a chance to see this beautiful city in detail, and I must again. I remember standing in the middle of Times Square in awe. Dare I say it was more beautiful than Vegas.
4) Find my passion in life. No, I'm not talking about my relationship, which is wonderful. I have to decide what I want in life and make an effort to find it. I can sit around and whine all day but if I don't have a solution than there is nothing I can do.
5) Visit Europe. I've been to Vegas. I've sort of been to New York. I was born in Hong Kong and even though I haven't been back there since 1996, I've been there (I do want to go there though). I've heard such wonderful things about Europe. France, Italy, England, they all sound wonderful (perhaps these countries should each be a separate bucket list item). Perhaps a trip to the real Monte Carlo, a ride to the top of the Eiffel Tower, tea with the Queen, and seeing Rome. Sure beats looking at Oak Street Bridge every day.
6) Do karaoke at River Rock during Party Pit nights. Anybody reading this?
I'll start with those for now. My friend Lisa had more items, and I'm sure I'll find more as time goes by.