Friday, May 23, 2008

Back to the Edge

After dinner with friends last night I ventured to Edgewater and played some $4/$8 limit. I quickly remembered why I stopped playing $4/$8 at Edgewater. Generally it's a crapshoot. No matter how strong your hand is preflop, you'll almost certainly get somebody (often a few people) who stay until the river and more often than not outdraw you. I was down early but in the end managed to only lose $70 for about 6 hours of "work". I guess I'm just "training" for my Vegas trip next month.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I find it extremely frustrating playing the limit games. Unless the limits are high and the people don't have tons of chips - they will indeed remain in the pot hoping for a 'miracle' river and 70% of the time they do suck-out on you.

If I could keep my sanity, I would play nothing but no-limit poker.

So .. vegas baby! I am a little jealous. A cousin of mine won a 3 day 'weekend' vacation down there and invited me to join her since she isn't too familiar with the city.

I am not sure if I want to go down there again before I provide restitution to my good friend WildFeng. It wouldn't be right for me to play when I haven't fully 'paid' my outstanding checks. :)