Monday, August 24, 2009

Take That, Buster

Amy and I spent a wonderful day at the PNE. While it was nothing special compared to other years, it was a nice relaxing day. I even rolled an 11 for her when she was playing Over/Under 7 for a nice $60. She also was doing quite well on the carny money games. Meanwhile I couldn't win anything, not even Whack-a-Mole. But we had a good time.

And then we went back to where our car was supposed to be. For those that don't know, there is a spot on East Pender just in from Renfrew that is FREE. If you read the signs, yes, it is permit parking beyond the sign but there is space from the post to the corner if your car is small enough. I've parked there before, but today there was a van in front of us but I gambled and lost.

OK, it's fine, I got towed. I accept that (although I will probably contest it because of the 1.5 meter rule that I'm pretty sure I followed). So I called Buster's and they said it was there. OK, I got off the phone and then realized that there were two Buster's Towings (one under the Granville Bridge and the other near Science World). So I called back and asked for the address. Well, Amy was nice enough to donate her monetary winnings toward the cab ride to the Buster's on Science World because that was what the lady said. When I went there it was a guy who said my car was in the OTHER lot. You know the rest. The lady who worked at the OTHER Buster's on Granville Bridge gave me the address of the one at Science World. I'm just getting ready to put together a really nice letter to the manager of Buster's.

Argh.

No comments: