Monday, August 31, 2009

Border Crossing

We decided to check out the new hotel at Tulalip for our "weekend", and do a little shopping at the Seattle Premium Outlet as well. Our trip started off with a relatively short 40-minute wait at the border on Sunday (I've waited up to 90 minutes before), then a short walk at Bellis Fair where we had Clam Chowder at Ivar's. Mmmmm.

The hotel was quite nice, better than I'd expected it to be for the $130US/night price tag. The cool part of the room was the shower, which consisted of three separate heads (one for the head, one for the torso and one near the feet). You could have all three running, or control which one you wanted. This was quite ingenious as I'd never seen it before.

Gambling-wise, I took it easy, and managed to make less than $100. Amy made a little bit of money on roulette and I got to show off and pass 200 roulette chips to the dealer, who was probably more pissed off somebody could do it. Oh well, too bad.

All in all, it was a great time and I can't wait to visit again.

No comments: