Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Julie & Julia

Bon Appetit! There wasn't much in the way of good movies this week, and I wasn't in the mood to line up for GI Joe (not that I'd expected it to be any good), so we decided to watch Julie & Julia, which was "based on two true stories". Director Nora Ephron managed to combine two stories from two eras into a cohesive tale. I really enjoyed the "older" story of Paul & Julia Child. Stanley Tucci plays yet another "sidekick" role to Meryl Streep (ala The Devil Wears Prada) wonderfully. And Ms. Streep, is there nothing in the acting profession you can't do? It only seemed like yesterday I was singing and dancing at the Mamma Mia! movie. Your portrayal of Julia Child was amazing.

P.S. "You are the butter to my bread, and the breath to my life".

No comments: