Tuesday, March 25, 2008

So Much For My Hero

Back in the mid 80's to mid 90's the Habs had a goalie in net by the name of Patrick Roy. While Ken Dryden had been my hero for a long time, it seemed that he'd been replaced. Watching Patrick Roy in the 1993 playoffs is something I'll never forget.

Fast forward to the new millenium. Patrick Roy's coaching has been questioned. His temper often got the best of him. And now, seeing what he told his son to do makes me sick. Yes, there is no proof that he told his son Jonathan to go after the other goalie, but let's not be stupid here. It's so obvious. To Mr. Patrick Roy, I'll never forget your performance in 1993, but unfortunately it will also take time before I forget your performance in 2008. Even though I don't condone what Jonathan Roy did, he only did what his father told him to. Mr. Patrick Roy, you make me sick. Mr. Ken Dryden, you are once again my hero.

No comments: