Sunday, May 08, 2005

The Dream

This month has been so full of ups and downs I don't know where to begin, and I don't know how it will end. I could say I'm having a great month or I could say I'm having a bad month. It all depends on if I think the glass is half empty or half full. I'll go with half full.

As many of you know, I play online poker every so often. I haven't done too much of that lately, as I'm in the middle of my moving, and being so busy at work. But I started participating in a promotion on one of the sites, Tiger Gaming. The promotion is for the World Series of Poker, the Grand Daddy of poker tournaments. It is a 7-level tournament. If you win a Level 1 tournament, you have an entry to Level 2, and so on. You can also buy in to various levels. Level 1 started at a measly $.14; Level 2 is $1.15, Level 3 $5.00, Level 4 $22, Level 5 $215, Level 6 $1500 and Level 7 $2980. The prize is a $10,000 entry into the World Series tournament.

Well, I started at Level 1 and right now I've gone through the first six levels. I've spent about a $1 and now, somehow I'm one tournament away from going to The Big Show. Level 7 is a 5-player tournament, winner takes all. If I win it, I'm going to Vegas. If I don't then the dream is over, but the consolation is it's only cost me $1. It's been a great ride and who knows what the future will be. The Level 7 tournaments are on the weekend so I will probably wait until next week, as this is "Moving Week". My destiny awaits me once again.

No comments: