Thursday, January 06, 2005

The Bad News

I went to visit the eye doctor today and the bad news was revealed. I have a form of glaucoma (not sure which one yet). At least it was diagnosed early so it's not like I'm going to go blind any time soon. But the eye will get worse over time and now it is imperative that I take steps to control the deterioration. The doctor has prescribed certain eyedrops and she will see in three months if they work.

For now I just can't worry about it, but I do have to take the drops every day. Life can be a bitch sometimes, but I can't let it bother me. On one hand, I must keep the prevention steps ongoing, but on the other hand I must ensure life goes on. If I'm lucky, I'll have my eyesight until I'm 100, who knows.

I spent most of the day at Metrotown just walking around. I considered buying an extremely "bright" loud pink shirt, but couldn't match it with anything I have. Even I will find it difficult to wear this to work. But I never back down from a challenge so we'll see. I was going to go see a movie but there was nothing that jumped out at me, other than Meet the Fockers, but I wasn't in the mood.

No comments: