Thursday, December 24, 2009

Nuviews

It just so happened that there was a spot available at 6:15 for this restaurant tonight on Christmas Eve. I'd heard pretty good reviews for this place downstairs from Stonegrill. The restaurant was somewhat retro and the view was awesome as I remembered from the days of Anderson's.

Amy had a prawn bisque and the main course was albacore tuna. I opted for the Christmas Eve menu, which was four courses (technically six but more on that later). I started with a scallop appetizer followed by a salad. The main course was a prime rib eye of beef with a little meat pie on the side. Everything was excellent. What I enjoyed most was we also got two "Amuse", little palette cleansers. The first was an awesome slice of raw tuna (which actually tasted better than Amy's main course). The second was a pre-dessert (?) of a chocolate soup of sorts. Yummy! For dessert I had my classic creme brulee (vanilla bean) while Amy had a date pudding. Highly recommended restaurant!

P.S. Merry Christmas everyone!

No comments: