Friday, January 30, 2009

Vegas: January 25

I totally underestimated the drive to Bellingham and almost missed my 9:45am flight to Las Vegas. I ended up being the second-to-last passenger on the plane but I managed to settle in just before liftoff. I got to the hotel by about 12:30 and had lunch with Joe. After lunch we decided to see Nathan Burton and his Comedy Magic in the afternoon. It was a pretty enjoyable show. Afterwards we decided to go to the Rio before our next show. We had dinner at the Voodoo Lounge. Wow, what a view! The restaurant was located on the 50th floor, with perhaps one of the best restaurant views of Vegas. There was also a patio that allowed us to see the best city in the world.

At this point I will note our first big expense....FOOD! While there was the normal "steak" fare, the various $35-$50 cuts of steak that are everywhere, I looked at the "Australia #8 Wagyu Beef" and so did Joe. The last few times we never got a chance to eat REALLY good steak. We found out it was $15 an ounce! Joe went easy and opted for 5 ounces but I went for 8 ounces because, well, I had to. And the steak was worth every penny. Absolutely delicious. Afterwards Joe also ordered Bananas Foster for dessert, which came with a nice fire show. It was quite the experience that ended up being $300 for the two of us! Bleh, it's Vegas.

After dinner we went to the Penn & Teller show, which I'd been dying to see for a long time. I've enjoyed their magic for many years and I finally got the chance to see them live.

No comments: