Thursday, January 08, 2009

Oscars

It's tough for the regular moviegoer to predict the Oscars because what I consider a good performance is not necessarily what the Oscar pickers consider a good performance. Besides, I haven't watched all the movies this year. Nevertheless here are my picks.

Best Picture

I hear a lot about Milk and Frost/Nixon but I never saw them. I'm going to make it easy and predict a mini-sweep for The Curious Case of Benjamin Button.

Best Actor

I think it's time for Brad Pitt to be recognized for his great work. It was a unique role that he did very well.

Best Actress

Cate Blanchett is one of the most underrated actresses around. While she has been recognized for her stunning performance as Elizabeth, her performance as "Mrs. Button" was just as amazing. She will have to compete with that Ms. Streep but who knows.

Best Supporting Actor

If Heath Ledger does not win then I may consider to never watch a movie again.

Best Supporting Actress

I have no idea.

No comments: