Friday, December 31, 2004

The Phantom Returns

There are only 20.5 hours left in 2004 (at least for those of us on the West Coast). I haven't decided on concrete plans for New Year's Eve yet, so we'll see. Perhaps I'll go clubbing with Mei, or just relax at home.

I spent most of December 30 by myself. I went to see the movie version of The Phantom of the Opera and I must say I was quite impressed. I really loved the musical and didn't expect the movie version to be even close, but I was wrong. It was cool watching the spectacle on screen, and the actors did a reasonable job (although no one will ever come close to the original with Michael Crawford and Sarah Brightman). The new song at the end, "Learn to Be Lonely" was a very nice touch to a great movie. Yes, a few tears flowed during the movie. So I'm a sentimental fool.

I was so hungry at 2:30am I went out for pho at the 24-hour restaurant near my place. Now I'm back and probably ready for bed. Tiff, you must learn to sleep earlier.

Good night folks and if I don't update again in the next 20 hours, HAPPY NEW YEAR!

No comments: