Monday, February 19, 2007

Words from a Friend

The following is taken word for word from the blog of my old friend, johnnymc. The words are hauntingly similar to those I would have written for myself.

"There are times when I am not so sure that things are at closure. Though it is obvious by this time in my life that relationships from a decade ago or longer are long over, apparently my greatest thrill in life is wishing to 'try again' at old jobs, relationships, etc where I know I can do 'better'.

This of course is all horse puckey since hindsight is just that; a view of the past with wisdom to do 'right' where you did 'wrong' and cannot be reversed.

These things should not be dwelled upon, unlike my realization to let go, inasmuch as my life needs to continue forward - growing with these past experiences and blooming future endeavors to be more productive and successful."

- Johnny McMenamin

No comments: