Monday, December 19, 2005

Movie of the Year

After some minor Christmas shopping and picking up my tips, I went downtown to watch Memoirs of a Geisha. You know, in a year of Siths and bats and Hogwarts, my favorite movie was about a Japanese girl who became a geisha. The movie was just magical. The cinematography was divine. And of course, the movie starred three of the most beautiful Chinese actresses ever. All that crap about people pissed off because Chinese actresses were playing Japanese roles....who the hell cares? Ziyi Zhang was enchanting, Gong Li was devilishly evil, and Michelle Yeoh was just as wonderful as she was in Tomorrow Never Dies.

And now back to Christmas wrapping....

2 comments:

johnnymc said...

Somehow I do not see you concentrating that much on these presents as you would rather wrap up one or more of those beauties as your own gift...

Anonymous said...

You have to see Rent! That's my movie of the year =)
- Tiffany