Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Growing Old

I managed to get away from the slot machines and annoying people to spend 2 nights at Encil House, a bed & breakfast in Gibsons in the Sunshine Coast, for my ??th birthday. It was a welcome change from all the noise and hubbub of city life. One day, when my dream of becoming a full-time writer is realized, I may end up spending many weekends here. We had two gracious hosts in Keith and Taya, and they made us feel at home. You can't go wrong with a hot tub overlooking the waters. And the home-c ooked meal on our last night was too much (but also too good). If you are thinking of spending some time on the Sunshine Coast, I highly recommend this B&B.

As for the rest of Gibsons, it's a simple community with nothing in the way of city life. We had lunch at Smitty's Oyster House, and had some nice sushi the first night. We even found a Starbucks and a Sears, and the movie theater.

No comments: