Sunday, February 28, 2010

What Else?

Flashback to a late September day in 1972. I'd only been in Canada for 3 months, but I'd already discovered the game of hockey. I was a cute 6-year-old boy who rushed home from school so fast because it was Game 8 of something called the Summit Series.

"Henderson scores!"

And now, almost 38 years later.... Canada is once again on top of the world. I was going to post about how disappointed I was that they didn't blow the game wide open with their firepower. If this is truly our game then why are we struggling to keep a lead?

But no, I will post about how a nation breathed together a sigh of relief, about how a young kid from Cole Harbor, Nova Scotia made us all proud to be Canadian.

To the American team, you played great. Ryan Miller, you were next to unbeatable. Congratulations.

To the Canadian team, cheers.

No comments: