Friday, July 18, 2008

The Dark Knight (SPOILER ALERT)

I just came back from watching one of the greatest performances of all time. While some may argue that Heath Ledger's untimely death made his role that much better, I disagree. He was chilling, plain and simple. The test of a great acting performance is being so immersed in the role that you become somebody else. At times I could not believe that I was watching Heath Ledger. He was truly scary as the demonic Joker (as opposed to Jack Nicholson's comedic Joker). Kudos also go to Aaron Eckhart as Harvey Dent/Two Face. His makeup was astounding.

For all intents and purposes, the Best Actor race for the Oscars is over. Maybe another performance will come along in the next 5 months, but it's going to take something short of miraculous to surpass Heath Ledger's performance.

And now I must sleep, as I must work in 5 hours. Tomorrow I will once again immerse myself in the movies. Anybody who knows me knows which movie I will be watching.

No comments: