Tuesday, April 01, 2008

FANS?

What is the definition of a fan (in terms of sports)? Is it not someone who is fanatic or finds enjoyment in cheering for a team? So why is it that every time I go to a Vancouver Canucks game (or listen to so-called Canuck fans), all I hear are insults hurled at the other team? As stated I was at the Calgary-Vancouver game, and probably 80% of the screaming and yelling were just insults directed at the Flames. Maybe they should use their energy to CHEER for their team? Roberto Luongo is one of the best goalies in the league but the only praise you hear from the FANS is a spattering of "LOOOOOOO" after a save. But Mikka Kiprusoff kept getting "KIPPER SUCKS" throughout the game.

Don't claim to be a fan if you don't even know what that means. I have been a Montreal Canadiens FAN for 36 years. I cheer on my favorite team to victory, instead of making fun of the other team.

If I know the so-called Canuck "supporters" reading this blog, the first thing they want to do at this moment is make some insult about Montreal. Go right ahead, at least I'm a FAN.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I've been saying this for years.