Tuesday, July 18, 2006

The Devil Wears Prada

Since I've become somewhat of a fashion "guru" at work (both customers and staff have complimented me on some of my suit/tie/shirt combos), I figured it was my duty to watch this movie. Also, I've heard a lot about how wonderful Meryl Streep is in the role of Miranda Priestley. And might I say she definitely was. She reminded me a lot about Glenn Close as Cruella DeVille in 101 Dalmatians. Ms. Streep was bitchy enough that they might just give her another one of those Oscar nominations. Her character also reminded me of some people I have worked with (no names of course!).

I was surprisingly touched by some of the plotlines in the movie, about getting so caught up in your work that you forget your family and friends. I've noticed that since my managing shifts have increased, my family gatherings have decreased. And I see less and less of my friends. I know I must change this. Yes, I must pay attention to work, but I must not let it consume me.

No comments: