Sunday, July 09, 2006

Captain Jack Sparrow

I was one of the many people who braved the long lineup to watch Pirates of the Caribbean 2 on Friday. I did not really have high expectations for the movie, as I did not find the first one that spectacular. Perhaps I'm just not a big Johnny Depp fan.

But then the first scene of the movie featured one of the most beautiful creatures in the world, Keira Knightley. She was breathtaking. But unfortunately even she couldn't get me to say I really liked the movie. In fact, I found myself taking a little nap in the middle of the film.

I did find the love triangle interesting (although you could argue it was really a love rectangle with that other guy in it too), does Elizabeth Swann choose the dashing and handsome Will Turner or the brash rogue Captain Jack Sparrow? Well, I guess we'll find out in Part 3.

No comments: