Saturday, November 24, 2007

My First Shift

And so begin a new odyssey in the wee hours of the morning, my first shift at Fraser Downs. Because we are only 24 hours on the weekend, I had the scary 4am-2pm shift. At first I was hesitant (to say the least) but the only tough part was getting into my car. I wasn't sure when to sleep so I tried going to bed at 6pm the night before. I woke up at 9pm and then wasn't sure what to do. So I watched some TV and then went to bed around midnight. I fell in and out of sleep until 2am. Somehow I managed to get into my car at 3am and in 35 minutes I was at work. The next 10 hours flew by amazingly fast and I must admit I enjoy this shift, even if it is only on Saturdays. As for work itself, well, it wasn't busy at all in the early morning, but business picked up near the end of my shift. Hopefully word of mouth will bring us more customers.

No comments: