Tuesday, June 26, 2007

RIP: Chris Benoit

I read with shock and disbelief about the death of one of Canada's most popular wrestlers, Chris Benoit. The frightening details (that of Benoit killing his family before himself) is too much to take in. Before anybody starts saying "Hey, he's just a wrestler", well, he was an entertainer. Just like we mourn the deaths of movie stars and athletes, the life of Chris Benoit was cut too short at the age of 40.

I remember vividly the last time a prominent wrestler lost his life. In 2005, wrestling lost Eddie Guerrero. I remember because it was the same day that I got news I was promoted to Relief Floor Manager. It was so surreal. It's very sad to hear of this. We may never know the whole story of why a whole family has perished, but it is sad nevertheless.

No comments: