Monday, June 26, 2006

Just an Update

And so begins the second of my "weird days off" weeks? Last week was Sunday/Friday off, this week will be Monday/Saturday? There is a lot of stuff going on at work and of course as the "bottom" manager, I must take whatever shifts I am offered. I'm not complaining, as I've had a LOT of managing shifts this month; 4 closing shifts in two weeks, and the usual spattering of relief shifts. It's given me the opportunity to develop that rhythm that I so desired. Things have gone well and hopefully they get better. I have mixed emotions about the upcoming 24-hour opening, but we will see. It will be a challenge to motivate my staff, because a lot of them have let the news affect them negatively.

Once again I might be able to get the financing on a new car. I won't say much this time because it's all up in the air. I wish myself luck.

Work, cars, what's last? Women... Things have been so hectic at work I haven't had time to go out. I haven't had time to think about my future in terms of finding a soulmate/wife/girlfriend. I have to search my feelings and decide what to do. I have a number of female friends, and they are very dear to me. But is it my pessimistic nature holding me back again? Is it worth pursuing? Let's hope I get this car as it will make things easier. I just hope my potential soulmate has a bit of patience.

OK enough rambling. Hope everyone is well.

No comments: